To better understand what The Hit List is, and why it exists CLICK HERE.
To View and download the list jump directly to the bottom of this page.
To read the stats about how this list was created, as well as who topped the charts take a look below.
THE VOTES FOR 2012 ARE IN — THE TALLY.
- 482. The number of voters who were nominated to take part in the 2012 list.
- 361. That is the number of voters who submitted before the deadline.
- 3,193. The total number of votes compiled.
- 2456. The number of votes that made the cut.
- 7. The amount of votes required for a script to make the 2012 list.
- 361. The number of eligible spec scripts at vote deadline.
- 239. The number of different scripts voted for.
- 84. The number of scripts making the cut.
- 32. The number of write-ins voted for.
WHO TOPPED THE LIST (Agents/Managers)
- 19. WME
- 15. UTA
- 7. Gersh
- 7. ICM
- 7. Paradigm
- 6. APA
- 6. CAA
- 5. Verve
- 1. Kaplan Stahler
- 1. Kohner Agency
- 11. Madhouse Entertainment
- 8. Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment
- 6. Energy Entertainment
- 5. Caliber Media Co.
- 5. DMG Entertainment (Formerly H2F)
- 4. Anonymous Content
- 4. Circle of Confusion
- 4. New Wave Entertainment
- 2. Benderspink
- 2. Gotham Group
- 2. Heroes and Villains Entertainment
- 2. Industry Entertainment
- 2. Management 360
- 2. Principato/Young Entertainment
- 2. The Muraviov Company
- 2. Underground
- 2. Zero Gravity Management
- 1. Art/Work Entertainment
- 1. Artist International
- 1. Elevate Entertainment
- 1. Evolution Entertainment
- 1. Fourth Floor Productions
- 1. Hung Entertainment
- 1. Magnet Management
- 1. Manus Entertainment
- 1. Mosaic
- 1. MXN
- 1. Primal Pictures
- 1. Prolific
- 1. Station3
- 1. Tantillo Entertainment
- 1. UFUSE Management
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT THIS YEAR’S LIST:
- The Top Voted script received 118 mentions (about 1/4 of all voters chose it).
- The Cover of this year’s list is made up of our ten favorite lines from the top 10 scripts (can you tell which is which?).
- Two of the top 10 voted scripts revolve around time travel (at least in this timeline).
- This year’s list is available in both PDF, and PDF Interactive (which works amazingly on your iPad or tablet). PDF interactive makes every spec title clickable, to instantly navigate you to the original spec listings, which often details the “as it happens” up to the minute details each of these scripts lived as they entered the market. (While the PDF interactive is available to download for everyone, the features are only available to members).
Want to see more? Check out the previous Hit Lists from 2011 and 2010 below:
Want even more lists? Check out our annual Young & Hungry List of the top 100 new writers on the verge.
And of course, see the quick links below for even more of your must have lists!