The big week Lucas Carter’s spec CAMDEN has been having just got better as De Line Pictures and Ninjas Runnin’ Wild are looking to partner on the project at Warner Bros. The icing on the cake is that Zac Efron is currently eying the lead role in the film.
Ninjas is Efron’s production company and has an overall deal with Warner Bros. running through the end of the month. De Line has a first look production deal with the studio as well.
Here’s what the full list of territories looks like at the moment:
- STUBER into UNIVERSAL
- DI BONAVENTURA into PARAMOUNT
- HUTCH PARKER into 20TH CENTURY FOX and LIONSGATE
- JOHN RICKARD into NEW LINE and REGENCY
- TRIPP VINSON into CBS FILMS
- STEVE BARNETT & BERNIE GOLDMANN into SCREEN GEMS
- MATT TOLMACH PRODUCTIONS into SONY
- DE LINE PICTURES into WARNER BROTHERS
Specific details on the script are kept under wraps but it is described as an action-thriller. Carter is repped by Brooklyn Weaver at Energy Entertainment.
“High School Musical” star Efron has been breaking out of the Disney image with recent roles in “The Lucky One” and “The Paperboy”. His next film, the drama “At Any Price” is currently awaiting release with the rom-com “Are We Officially Dating?” following.
He is repped by CAA.