- “Vampire Diaries” star Nina Dobrev had no trouble finding a new home after leaving her long-time agency, Innovative Artists, and has signed on the dotted line. The Canadian thesp co-starred in the popular teen/drama “Degrassi: The Next Generation” before landing opposite Paul Wesley on the popular CW vampire drama. She will be seen on the big screen with Emma Watson in THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER.
- Teen thesp Darcy Rose Brynes has signed. She previously has a supporting role on DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES from 2010 up until the ABC series ended this year. She is currently working no “Sofia The First” for Disney and “The Legend of Korra” on Nickelodeon.
- Director Nikolaj Arcel, who recently wrote and helmed ROYAL AFFAIR, has signed with the agency. “Affair” was the only film to win multipal awards this year at the Berlin Film Festival. Magnolia will release the pic stateside later this fall. Arcel also penned the 2009 Swedish version of “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.” He was previously with ICM.
- Nickelodeon teen queen Miranda Cosgrove has signed. She follows her agent Warren Zavala, who moved to the agency from CAA and brings many of his top clients with him. The iCarly star is finished with the long-running series, with the series finale set to air in November. She will reprise her role in DESPICABLE ME 2, which is slated for release July, 2013. She remains with Anonymous Content.
- Wally Pfister has joined the agency as a director. He has been the cinematographer for every Christopher Nolan film, but Pfister will make his directorial debut on the UNTITLED JACK PAGLEN DRAMA PROJECT, which Nolan will executive produce.
- Screenwriter Mike Vukadinovich has signed. His original screenplay THE THREE MISFORTUNES OF GEPPETO was a Black List mention last year. He also is set to write GARBAGE PAIL KIDS with Michael Eisner producing.