The first teaser for KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE packs a lot into it… in a grand total of 16 seconds. So get ready to spend your afternoon endlessly pausing to try and catch everything.
The sequel to Matthew Vaughn’s 2014 smash spy film follows Eggsy (Taron Egerton), Merlin (Mark Strong), and Roxy (Sophie Cookson) traveling to American to meet the American version of the Kingsman, aptly called the Statesman. They consist of Halle Berry, Jeff Bridges, Channing Tatum, and possibly Pedro Pascal. They’re going up against the new villain of the film, Poppy (Julianne Moore), who has her very own lair in the form of Poppy Land.
Plus, we also know that Colin Firth’s Harry Hart, who seemingly perished in the first film, will be back for the sequel.
So with that cleared up, here’s a running list of things I caught after watching and pausing several times:
- Butterflies (so many butterflies, live ones and drawings of them)
- Channing Tatum and Halle Berry sitting side-by-side looking perplexed
- Poppy Land Sign
- Poppy’s Diney
- Poppy serving a burger
- A screening of Captain Fantastic at the Poppy theater
- The Oval Office
- A shirtless guy with a beard sitting in a dentist-type chair in a weird room
- Eggsy carrying a bazooka in a suitcase?
- Harry’s stuffed dog Mr. Pickles (moving?)
- Eggsy (possibly) standing under an umbrella pointing his gun at someone
- A bottle of whiskey with the “Statesman” label (the organization disguises itself as a Whiskey distillery)
- A man with a robotic arm in a bowling alley with Poppy
- Pedro Pascal in a bar holding a whip
- A car chase (of course)
- A belt buckle with the “Statesman” label
- A temple in a jungle that looks like Poppy Land
- A mission on a snowy mountain
- Merlin and Roxy
Okay, I’m ready for this film.
Anya Crittenton | Associate Editor