SALES & PICK-UPS
ABC has given out 3 more pilot orders to comedy projects, they include:
- HOW TO LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, created by Claudia Lonow, the multi-camera series is described as an outrageous comedy with lots of heart. It centers on Polly, a recently divorced, single mom, who moves in with her eccentric parents, Elaine and Max, a couple who’s full of life but knows no boundaries.
- UNTITLED ADAM SZTYKIEL BUDDY COMEDY PROJECT is based on Adam Sztykiel’s own experiences in a long-distance relationship, the show follows a group of 24-year-old guys who move to a new city, one of them choosing to stay in relationship even though his girlfriend is now 2,000 miles away.
- AND ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES follows the misadventures of two streetwise brothers who scrape by selling unreliable goods believing that at any moment they could become millionaires. The series is similar to the British format and comes from the minds of Steven Cragg and Brian Bradley.
CBS has picked up 3 comedy pilots, they include:
- PARTNERS David written by Kohan and Max Mutchnick. The series is a personal story of two lifelong friends and business partners. Architects Charlie and Louis’ friendship has lasted longer than either of their romantic relationships and almost seems like a weird marriage. When Charlie decides to propose to his girlfriend, Louis’ neurotic attempts to be supportive nearly result in the breakup of his own relationship.
- FRIEND ME written and executive produced by Alan Kirschenbaum and Ajay Sahgal, produced by CBS TV Studios. The series centers on twenty-something best friends, Evan and Rob, who move from their hometown of Bloomington, Indiana to Los Angeles to begin their exciting new lives working at Groupon. Evan is having trouble breaking his old slothful habits and rather than go out after work to explore LA and meet new people, prefers to play online poker with his buddies back home. Rob has different plans and is determined to drag Evan, kicking and screaming, along with him.
- UNTITLED MALINS/BERLANTI COMEDY PROJECT centers on Nick who has a health scare and realizes Wendy, his best friend and business partner of 15 years, is ‘the one’. Now he has to figure out how to break it to her.
McG has closed a deal to direct the pilot for the new FOX series GUILTY. The legal drama, from Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim, centers on a brilliant, morally questionable defense attorney who, after being falsely convicted of fraud and stripped of his legal license, uses his unorthodox methods to solve the cases he’s been banned from handling and to exact revenge on the men who set him up.