The Spec Market
- Hopscotch is out with this spec by Peter Barnes. When the sun doesn’t rise, a blind woman navigates a dark world to save her son.
- Bellevue Productions is out with this spec. An interracial couple seeks solace in their work at a prestigious theatre company.
- UTA is out to studios with SHELLY. A young woman returns home a decade after an embarrassing prom prank ran her out of town.
- Check out the latest pod deals across all of the major studios and networks.
The Job Market
- Production company seeks managers for talent, literary and new media.
- Responsibilities will include general office management, extensive reading, organizing, phones, rolling calls, interfacing with productions, studio, etc.
- Tasks include scheduling, arranging travel, errands, and other general duties.
- Candidate should be extremely organized, detail oriented, a multi-tasker, great with follow through and hustle, active in nightlife
- Will focus on new business opportunities and procuring brand deals for clients.
- Full-time executive assistant to support our Vice President and Director of Development.
- Help represent an existing roster of writers and directors. Prior experience as a literary agent or manager (junior OK) is a must.
- Prior experience at an agency or management company is required and experience with writers and directors is preferred. Responsibilities include but are not limited to general office duties, answering phones, submissions, client appointments, tracking projects.
- Writers must have an interest in Genre fiction and feel comfortable in sequential storytelling. They must also feel comfortable collaborating with other writers and building off previous work. We are paying $700 per issue.
- This role will oversee the operation of several annual writing programs and fellowships designed to discover and develop emerging talented writers and guide the beginning of their career. They will contribute to a interdisciplinary team to ensure audience growth while building brand integrity and loyalty with writers and industry professionals.
- Coverfly is looking for a Sr. Writer Development Executive to support top writers by introducing their work to entertainment industry professionals, and strategizing to create initiatives that will help break undiscovered talent into Hollywood. This is a full-time position in Los Angeles, CA.
- Candidate must have one to two years of experience representing or working with artists in all areas of commercials and/or voiceovers, including TV commercials, promos, documentaries, industrials, animation, video games, digital media. movie trailers, etc.
- Must know how to write press releases, media pitches and recaps for clients. Candidate must have relationships with all the major trades.