Just a few minutes ago Nikki Finke was able to make what may well be her last post on Deadline.com, the site she founded just over seven years ago. The site, which Finke sold to Jay Penske in 2009 has dealt with several spats between Finke and Penske over the past year, following Penske’s purchase of Variety. However, during all of the in-fighting, and rants, both news outlets continued to keep the familial settings separate, with little to no (known) overlap. At Deadline, Mike Fleming and Nellie Andreeva have kept the news and exclusives on point in their respective film and television worlds. Meanwhile at Variety, after some initial shakeups in staffing, all things seems to be back on course.
IS THIS NIKKI FINKE’S FINAL POST BELOW (?):
Is this the Tweet that started it all (especially considering Finke’s very detailed non-compete agreement)?
Finke has now taken to Twitter to continue the rants:
- Is this it for Finke? Has she finally played her last card (at least at Deadline) or is this just another spat played out for all of Hollywood to see? The lock out seems to let on to this being much more.
- Is Finke the reason anyone goes to Deadline anymore? If she left, would you stop reading?
- Is Finke’s “Toldja” style of news as Queen of the snark still something Hollywood wants (or cares for)?
- If Finke started a new blog, is there an audience specifically for her?
- Is this the beginning of something even bigger that was rumored this Summer – the Variety/Deadline merger?
- And lastly, if Finke is gone, what will you miss, or not miss the most?
CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION BELOW: