The lineup of speakers is starting to take shape for South by Southwest 2017, which run March 10-19. The festival continues their tradition of converging the interactive, film and music industries with a unique cross section of speakers and panelists from the world of film, tech, music, television, business, sports, and journalism. One of the first names to be added to the list is Transparent creator Jill Soloway.
The Emmy-winning director is set to be a keynote speaker at the popular Austin-based festival alongside geneticist Jennifer Doundna. Other featured speakers for next year’s fest include NBA legend Earvin “Magic” Johnson,” Adam Savage from MythBusters and New York Times best-selling author and former Silicon Valley writer Dan Lyons.
Here is the preliminary list of speakers who are also scheduled to appear at SXSW 2017:
- Mary Lou Jepsen – Founder and Chairman of Openwater, whose goal is MRI resolution imaging in a wearable, previously held executive roles at Facebook, Oculus, Intel, and Google.
- Candice Morgan – Head of Diversity at Pinterest, leading strategy and programs to enhance diversity and inclusion;
- Nadya Tolokonnikova – Russian conceptual artist, political activist and member of punk rock group Pussy Riot;
- Ingrid Vanderveldt – Self-made businesswoman, investor and media personality, Founder & CEO of Empowering a Billion Women by 2020;
- Gary Vaynerchuk – Entrepreneur, four-time New York Times best-selling author and CEO of VaynerMedia. Gary is also a prolific angel investor and co-founded VaynerRSE, a $25M investment fund; and
- Amber Venz Box – Co-Founder and President of rewardStyle and the cross-channel consumer shopping service, LiketoKNOW.it.
Dino-Ray Ramos | Staff Writer