PICK-UPS & SALES
CBS has made it official, greenlighting hot drama project GOLDEN BOY to pilot. Executive produced by Nicholas Wootton. The drama tracks one cop’s meteoric rise from officer to detective to Police Commissioner.
NBC has given the pilot oder to CHICAGO FIRE, an action-driven drama exploring the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department. The project, which had been garnering a lot of buzz, is executive prodced by Michael Brandt, Derek Haas, Dick Wolf, his new development exec Danielle Gelber and Peter Jankowski. The other is COUNTY, which takes us into the lives of a group of young doctors, nurses, and administrators, in a frenetic underfunded and morally compromising LA County Hospital.
In a huge development haul, NBC has also picked up seven new comedies. They include:
- An UNTITLED JIMMY FALLON COMEDY PROJECT, which will be executive produced and written by Greg Daniels. The series follows three 30-something guys who enjoy the adventures of parenting despite the fact they haven’t grown up themselves. Fallon will also executive produce.
- FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER, based on the UK format, this single-camera about a quirky family that has dinner together every Friday night is also adapted by Gerg Daniels.
- DADDY’S GIRL written and executive produced by Dana Klein. The multi-camera series centers on a young woman who returns home from overseas to find her father is seriously dating the “mean girl” from her high school.
- UNTITLED HILARY WINSTON COMEDY PROJECT, executive produced and written by Hilary Winston, which after being dumped by her fiance, a shy, focused woman leans on her co-workers to help her come out of her shell and plot her revenge.
- DOWNWARDLY MOBLIE, starring Roseanne Barr in her return to scripted comedy.
- GO ON from Scott Silveri, which centers on an irreverent yet charming sportscaster who tries to move on from loss and reluctantly finds surprising solace from the members of his mandatory group therapy sessions.
- NEXT CALLER PLEASE, a single-camera gender comedy focusing on a brash alpha male DJ and his new, plucky, feminist co-host set in the offices of a satellite radio station.
HBO and producer Scott Rudin have acquired remake rights to INDIE GAME: THE MOVIE, the documentary by first-time filmmaking duo Lisanne Pajot and James Swirsky and are planning on turning it into a series. The docu captures the emotional journey of a new breed of struggling independent artists: the indie game designer.
Paul Feig has been tapped to helm HBO’s comedy pilot THE VIAGRA DIARES, created by “Sex and the City” creator/executive producer Darren Star and starring Oscar winner Goldie Hawn. Based on the book by Barbara Rose Brooker, “Viagra Diaries” centers on a woman (Hawn) who, after her husband has a “mid-life crisis” at 65 and leaves her, struggles with being single for the first time in 35 years.
Ben Stiller has signed on to star, direct and executive produce the new HBO comedy ALL TALK. The series revolves around the daily and life-altering dramas of a Jewish family in Washington, DC, and has been described as “politically, religiously, culturally, intellectually and sexually irreverent.”