TV SALES & PICKUPS
ADULT SWIM has announced series pickups for three new comedies, including: CHINA, IL from writer/exec producer Brad Neely and EP Daniel Weidenfeld, THE HEART, SHE HOLLER, starring Patton Oswalt and TIGHT BROS from writers/exec producers Sam Johnson and Chris Marcil.
CBS has made it official, picking up to series the pilot A GIFTED MAN (aka: UNTITLED SUSANNAH GRANT DRAMA) from writer/executive producer Susannah Grant. The series, which has also added as a showrunner and executive producer Neal Baer, centers on ultra-competitive surgeon Michael, whose life is changed forever when his ex-wife Anna dies and begins teaching him what life is all about from the hereafter.
CBS has announced a series pickup for new cop drama THE 2-2 (aka: ROOKIES) from writer/exec producer Richard Price. The series, which will also be exec produced by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal, Ken Sanzel, Alysse Bezahler, Brandon Brito, Meghan Lyvers and James Mangold, centers on six NYPD rookies who learn to balance their personal lives with working the streets of Manhattan.
CBS has also announced a series order for new drama UNFORGETTABLE (aka: THE REMEMBERER) from writer/exec producer Ed Redlich. The series, which is also exec produced by Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and John Bellucci, centers on a NYPD detective who has the ability to remember everything.
CBS has also given a season pickup to laugher HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN from writer/exec producer and star David Hornsby. The series, which will also be exec produced by Adam Chase, Joe Hipps and Modi Wiczyk and Pam Fryman, follows an unlikely friendship between a traditional, uptight columnist and his rough-around-the-edges friend and personal trainer.
CW has announced a series order for two new pilots, including SECRET CIRCLE from writers/exec producers Andrew Miller and Kevin Williamson and HART OF DIXIE from writer/exec producer Leila Gerstein and EPs Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage.
DISNEY XD has handed out a pilot order for new comedy GULLIVER QUINN from writer/exec producer Dan Kopelman. The series, which will star Jon Heder, centers on Gulliver Quinn, a grown man enrolled in the seventh grade after his family returns from a 15-year research expedition. Heder and Stan Rogow will also exec produce.
NICKELODEON has picked up a 20+ episode first season of new series HOW TO ROCK BRACES AND GLASSES from writer/exec producer Jim O’Doherty. The series, which will also be exec produced by David M. Israel, Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo, centers on a teen girl who after a falling out with the ban she formed with her best friends, becomes the lead singer of another pop/hip hop band, which becomes the rivals of her original band.
SYFY has announced a multi-season pick up of Canadian supernatural series LOST GIRL. The series, which stars Anna Silk as a demon seductress who feeds off sexual energy, follows her as she is forced to chose between humans and the supernatural, but instead opts to take the middle road and protect others while exploring the secrets of her origin.
- AN AMERICAN COUPLE — Set in the suburbs of Illinois, this one-hour comedy follows a newly engaged couple embarking on their journey to the altar. Pete, the hero and the ultimate guy’s guy, decides it’s time to man up, much to the chagrin of his immature friends. An American Couple comes to TBS from Warner Horizon Television, Conaco, writer and executive producer Mike O’Malley (Glee) and executive producers David Kissinger, Conan O’Brien and Jeff Ross.
- UNTITLED PHOEF SUTTON PROJECT — Anchored by lead detective Emerson Slade, this single-camera comedy spoofs cop and detective shows. The half-hour series centers on an elite force of great minds who solve crimes while working together as a dysfunctional family. The project comes to TBS from Warner Horizon Television, Conaco, writer and executive producer Phoef Sutton (Terriers) and executive producers David Kissinger, Conan O’Brien and Jeff Ross.
- MEN AT WORK — When Milo is thrust into single life after discovering his girlfriend has been cheating, he finds comfort in three best friends who help reinvent his manhood with the promise of sex, alcohol and some serious bromance. This half-hour series is written and executive-produced by Breckin Meyer (Franklin & Bash, Robot Chicken).
- UNTITLED KIP KOENIG/JOHN WELLS PROJECT — Set against the backdrop of the Pacific Northwest, this drama follows a family of cops who uncover the mystical and often crime-ridden world of a small town where things aren’t as they appear. The project comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television, Kip Koenig and John Wells.
- SCENT OF THE MISSING — A search-and-rescue officer braves the harshest conditions with her best friend and partner, a Labrador retriever. Based on the book of the same name, Scent of the Missing comes to TNT from CBS Television Studios and executive producers Barry Josephson (Bones) and Carol Mendelsohn (CSI) and producers Diane Nabatoff (Take The Lead) and Shelly Glasser (The Good Girl).
- GATEWAY — In a nation still healing from the Civil War, lawlessness rules the small towns of the Old West. Three brothers bound by duty, honor and self-preservation take a stand. Together, they fight to survive and thrive — all in a small town called Gateway. The series comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television, Bruce McKenna (The Pacific, Band of Brothers), Danny Cannon (CSI) and Deran Serafian (House, CSI).
- UNTITLED ERIC GARCIA PROJECT — A daydreaming police clerk’s overactive imagination isn’t just a way to escape her mundane work life. It’s also her mind’s way of helping detectives solve crime. The project comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television, Eric Garcia (Matchstick Men) and executive producers McG (Terminator Salvation, the Charlie’s Angels movies) and Peter Johnson (Supernatural) of Wonderland Sound and Vision (Supernatural, Chuck, The O.C.).
- UNTITLED JAY COCKS PROJECT — Based on the character from the Laura Lippman series of books, this drama centers on Tess Monaghan, a former newspaper reporter who has become a private eye in the tough city of Baltimore. The project comes to TNT from Jay Cocks (Gangs of New York) and Bill Haber’s Ostar Productions (Rizzoli & Isles).
- UNTITLED SHAUN CASSIDY/KIMBERLY WILLIAMS-PAISLEY PROJECT — When a hot Southern mess of a family takes in their widowed daughter-in-law and her gifted young son, these vibrant characters all in their own way come to learn that it’s not the family you’re born into that counts but the family you make. This emotional comedy/drama, set in and around the bucolic town of Franklin, Tenn., comes to TNT from executive producers Kimberly Williams-Paisley (According to Jim), Brad Paisley and Shaun Cassidy (Roar, Invasion).
- UNTITLED MITCH ALBOM PROJECT — Set in a Detroit radio station, this drama follows a station manager who, against his wishes, returns home to try and breathe life into his struggling city. The project comes to TNT from best-selling author and columnist Mitch Albom (Tuesdays with Morrie).
- SNATCHED — Should she settle down and have a family? Or jump out of a plane while retrieving a priceless artifact? This hero finds herself at the ultimate crossroads of domesticity and a full-throttle adrenaline rush. Snatched comes to TNT from Prospect Park and Steven Mitchell and Craig W. Van Sickle (Tin Man).
- THE COMMAND — The Command centers on an elite and real squad of detectives within the New York City police department — Borough Command. Cherry-picked by one commanding officer, these detectives get only the toughest, highest-profile and most-unsolvable cases. The best detectives, the hardest cases. The Command comes to TNT from Cineflix Studios; director/executive producer Antoine Fuqua (Shooter, Training Day); writers/executive producers Todd Komarnicki (Resistance, Elf) and Tony Spiridakis (Ash Tuesday); and producer Jim Thompson (War).
- ENIGMA — Enigma is a modern-day mystery-of-the-week in the vein of Sherlock Holmes. The project comes to TNT from CBS Television Studios and Anthony Zuiker (CSI), Matt Weinberg and Ed Whitmore (Waking the Dead), who will write the pilot script.
CBS has announced a series renewal for laugher RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.
CW has announced a 2nd season renewal for thriller NIKITA.
CW has also announced a 9th season renewal for drama ONE TREE HILL.
SHOWTIME has announced a 4th season renewal for NURSE JACKIE.
CW has given the ax to under-performing series HELLCATS.
SHOWTIME has pulled the plug on Diablo Cody/Steven Spielberg project UNITED STATES OF TARA, wrapping it up after the third season completes.