CBS has picked and handed out a script order for the new comedy THE UNTITLED ROB SCHNEIDER PROJECT from writers/exec producers Lew Morton and Rob Schneider (who will also star). Series, which is based on Schneider’s life and centers on a solitary guy who marries into a huge Mexican-American family, will also be exec produced by Eric Tannenbaum, Kim Tannenbaum and John Schneider.
FX has commited to move forward on new drama/thriller film adaptation ACT OF REVENGE, from writer/exec producer Josh Olson. Series, which will be based on the Korean film SOO, will centers on twin brothers — one a detective and one a hitman, who after witnessing the killing of his estranged twin brother, a hitman decides to become his police officer brother, in order to find those responsible. Barry Josephson, Alexander F. Young, Ted Kim and Jiwon Park will also exec produce.
SHOWTIME has bought the rights to the blog Iamboycrazy.com to adapt into a 1/2 hour comedy BOYCRAZY. Blog writer, Alexi Wasser, will write, star, and produce alongside writer/exec producer Daisy Gardner, and exec producers Lynda Obst, Dave Becky and Alan Rautbort.
SPIKE has announced seven new projects filling their upcoming slate, each with an eye towards an older audience (an audience that for the most part, doesn’t even know Spike exists). So, what are they?…
- AT EASE, a new comedy from writers Gabe Snyder and Mike Alber that centers on a pair of misfit Army drill sergeants who utilize unorthodox methods to turn an endless stream of recruits into the greatest fighting force on earth, while staying one step ahead of an uptight new captain.
- POWERBALL, the new single-cam 1/2 hour comedy from writers Ike Barinholtz, David Stassen and Steven Cragg, centers on a 30-something loser still living with his parents, who after winning the multi-million dollar Powerball lottery, decides all he wants to do with his newfound cash, is to buy the respect of his family, and town. Peter Pricipato, Paul Young and Joel Zadak exec produce for Principato/Young Entertainment.
- THUNDERBALLS, the 1/2 hour comedy from writers Jim Armogida and Steve Armogida, that follows the comedic struggles of three lifelong friends, as they attempt to balance the dominance of their bowling team – the “Thunderballs” – and their families that could care less about it.
- F.T.W., the Craig Gore and Tim Walsh written gritty drama focusing on an Atlanta police officer who is recruited by the Department of Homeland Security to return to his hometown and infiltrate a terrorist militia. Gore and Walsh will also exec produce.
- The UNTITLED MILLER SPORTS WRITER COMEDY, from writer/exec producer Beth McCarthy Miller, which is planned to be a ripped-from-the-headlines comedy about a veteran sports writer and the crazy world of modern-day athletes he reports on. Steven Brill also exec produces.
- The UNTITLED MARCUS FAMILY BARBECUE COMEDY from writer/exec producer Russell Marcus, which is said to focus on a “Clark Griswold”-type, who cashes in his 401k and drags his family kicking and screaming to pursue his life-long dream of competing on the professional barbecue circuit.
- The UNTITLED AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL COMEDY, from writers/exec producers Andrew Waller and Mike Gagerman, which puts an eye on the high-stakes workplace of the fun-loving yet dysfunctional men and women air traffic controllers at a major international airport. Thom Beers and Philip D Segal also exec produce.