With the 2019 Launch Pad Feature Competition Open For Entries, we wanted to take a moment to introduce our new Launch Pad exclusive partners Roy Lee of Vertigo Entertainment and Adam Kolbrenner of Lit Entertainment Group.
Following in the footsteps of previous Launch Pad partners Ridley Scott, Michael De Luca, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jeremy Garelick, Roy Lee and his Vertigo Entertainment are back once again to join this year’s competition as our exclusive first look guaranteed option partner. This means, at the end of this competition at least one script will find a home set up with one of the most successful and most prolific producers in Hollywood.
Also joining us, and following in the footsteps of UTA, WME, Verve, Paradigm, Energy Entertainment, Good Fear Content, Artillery Creative, Lee Stobby Entertainment, Fourth Wall and Bellevue, is Adam Kolbrenner and his newly minted Lit Entertainment Group. Kolbrenner, the long-time partner of Madhouse Entertainment launched his new company at the start of 2019, and just like our previous partners listed above, has committed to identify and sign at least one writer from this year’s competition.
So, lets learn a little more about our new partners…
ROY LEE / VERTIGO ENTERTAINMENT
GUARANTEED OPTION PARTNER
- One of the most successful producers in the industry, Lee and his Vertigo Entertainment have steered a number of the largest grossing franchises of all time, including everything from THE RING, THE GRUDGE, HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, THE LEGO MOVIE, IT, and GODZILLA, as well as television series like BATES MOTEL, THE EXORCIST and THE STAND, amongst others.
- His projects have gone on to receive a number of Oscar, Emmy and BAFTA nominations and awards, and his films have grossed more than $2.6 billion worldwide.
- Up next, Lee and his Vertigo Entertainment will see IT: CHAPTER 2, DOCTOR SLEEP, THE BOY 2, and THE TURNING all hit theaters within the next year in tandem with the television series’ THE STAND and THEM which both kicking off in 2019.
- Lee is currently in development on multiple Launch Pad Alum projects, as well as highly anticipated films MINECRAFT, NIMONA, MONSTERPOCALYPSE, THE WIZARD OF OZ, TOMMYKNOCKERS, DEUS EX, THIEF, and the reboot of the FRIDAY THE 13TH franchise, and the upcoming television series’ BUSHIDO, EYES OF THE DRAGON, SALEM’S LOT, and the adaptation of THE DEPARTED.
ADAM KOLBRENNER / LIT ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
GUARANTEED SIGNING PARTNER
- After a decade of operating Madhouse Entertainment, Kolbrenner branched out to launch newly minted Lit Entertainment Group at the beginning of 2019.
- A partner and judge since the first Launch Pad Competition, Kolbrenner is one of the most successful managers ever on the spec market, and he and his previous company Madhouse Entertainment have signed more than a dozen Launch Pad writers in the past six years, often seeing those writers and projects land atop annual best-of lists such as the Black List, Hit List and Young & Hungry List.
- They have not only seen their clients set up some of the largest projects across town, but their clients works have gone on to earn more than $5.3 billion at the box office.
- Lit Entertainment’s clients have written projects such as CAPTAIN MARVEL, PRISONERS, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, NOW YOU SEE ME, THE CURSE OF LA LLORONA, FIRST MAN, THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, CREED II, POKEMON DETECTIVE PIKACHU, FIVE FEET APART, THE JUNGLE BOOK, 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE, SAFE HOUSE, and the upcoming FREE GUY, TERMINATOR: DARK FATE, TOP GUN: MAVERICK, THE ADDAMS FAMILY and SCOOB, amongst others.
Want to learn more about the powerhouse team of 25 industry members judging this year’s competition, or the Oscar-winning writers joining us as mentors, click the links below to dig deeper…