“The Walking Dead” Resumes Production After Death of Stuntman John Bernecker

0

walking dead

has resumed on Season 8 several days after the death of stuntman John Bernecker, The Tracking Board has confirmed.

Production had been shut down last week following the accident which ultimately cost the veteran stuntman his life.

According to Variety, Bernecker fell more than 20 feet and landed on concrete, suffering a head injury while filming a scene on the Atlanta set Wednesday. The stuntman had to be transported to a nearby hospital via helicopter, where he later died.

John Bernecker’s family has decided that he will be removed from life support, following organ donation,” AMC said in a statement late Friday. “We are deeply saddened by this loss and our hearts and prayers are with John’s family, friends and colleagues during this extremely difficult time.”

Bernecker was a seasoned stunt performer based in Atlanta, and his other recent projects include Marvel’s upcoming Black Panther, TNT series Claws and Fox’s recent 24: Legacy reboot.

Walking Dead showrunner Scott Gimple was among the cast and crew to share tributes to Bernbecker.

“Our is heartbroken by the tragic loss of John Bernecker,” Gimple said in a statement. “John’s work on The Walking Dead and dozens of other movies and shows will continue to entertain and excite audiences for generations. We are grateful for his contributions, and all of us send our condolences, love, and prayers to John’s family and friends.”

  | TV Editor
Share.

Leave A Reply