We reported yesterday that THE CONTRACT was making some serious moves:
- Davis Entertainment — into — 20th Century Fox/Fox International
- Barry Josephson — into — Universal Pictures
- Parkes/MacDonald — into — Paramount
We’re also hearing this is direct into at least one studio president!
Well today the spec made further moves, no doubt drawing closer to a sale. Here’s the territory claiming update:
- Mark Gordon Company — into — Sony Pictures/Dreamworks/Skydance Productions/Fox Searchlight
- John Rickard — into — New Line Cinema
- Alex Young — into — Fox2000/New Regency/CBS Films
The thriller is being kept under wraps but is based on the 1974 film “The Marseille Contract” directed by Robert Parrish. It’s written by Joseph Muscat who is repped by Brad Rosenfeld of Preferred Artists and Jonathan Hung and Hung Entertainment Group.
We’ll keep you posted on any and all updates!